Tag: net house farming
Net house farming
Shade nets are protective nets that is installed over plants, shrubs, and other parts of your farm. Net house farming is excellent to block the damaging sun rays while allowing light through.
These materials come in either woven polyethylene fibre or knitted mesh styles. But regardless of style both provide UV protection and can last for many years if properly cared for.
Shade Net- All you need to know
- Keeping Plants Cool- Shade netting is an important tool for gardeners who want to extend their growing season into the fall and winter months.
If your plants are in danger of frost damage, shade netting can help keep them cool while allowing sunlight through.
- Protecting Gardens- Shade netting keeps birds and animals out of your garden by providing a physical barrier between them and your crops.
The netting can be suspended over plantings, or held in place with stakes and string.
- Managing Storm Water- Shade netting is a cost-effective and versatile method of controlling stormwater runoff on construction sites.
The shade netting creates a permeable surface that keeps rainwater. From entering storm drains and ending up in our waterways while allowing rainwater to evaporate into air space.
How do the Nets Work?
- Nethouses: Light Weight frames with poles and cables that support the net.
- Greenhouses: Air Vents are covered with nets, or all the greenhouse walls are made of nets.
- Walk-in Tunnels: completely covered with net, or covered with net and PE sheets.
- OptiNet is a sophisticated new-generation anti-insect net that integrates physical and optical protection.