Rajasthan govt. provides two types of polyhouse subsidy in Rajasthan.
50% Poly house subsidy.
70% Poly house subsidy.
- Polyhouse 50% subsidy – Poly house subsidy in rajasthan govt. provides 50% to all categries .
2. Polyhouse 70% subsidy – Poly house subsidy in rajasthan govt. provides 70% subsidy for small, medium and SC/ST farmers.
Polyhouse price govt. has decided fix cost 844 per sqm . 1 acre polyhouse cost is 33,76,000 Rs.
|Poly house subsidy in Rajasthan|
|Polyhouse size in sqm||Poly house cost per sqm||Total amount||Subsidy in 50%||Subsidy in 70%|
Rajasthan govt. will provide 50% subsidy to general farmers and small & SC/ST farmers will receive 70% subsidy.
Poly house farming is slowly gaining popularity in India. A farmer can make huge profit from polyhouse farming. But there are many people who aren’t aware of what exactly is a polyhouse or greenhouse, hence today in this blog we will tell you all about polyhouse and its benefits. So let’s start;
- Fruits that can be grown are Papaya, Strawberry etc.
- Vegetables that can be grown include Cabbage, Bitter Gourd, Capsicum, Radish, Cauliflower, Chili, Coriander, Onion, Spinach, Tomato etc.
- Flowers like Carnation, Gerbera, Marigold, Orchid, and Rose can also be easily grown.
Why is Polyhouse Cultivation Important in Rajasthan?
Rajasthan is the largest state in India, and it is known for its arid climate and limited agricultural resources. The state has a high potential for horticulture and vegetable production, but the traditional open-field cultivation practices are unsuitable for this region due to water scarcity and extreme temperature variations.
Polyhouse cultivation has become an essential alternative to traditional open-field cultivation in Rajasthan, as it enables farmers to grow crops throughout the year, regardless of the season, and also allows them to cultivate high-value crops in demand in the market. Polyhouse cultivation is also more water-efficient, using drip irrigation and other techniques to minimize water wastage.
How to Avail subsidy for polyhouse in Rajasthan
To avail subsidy for polyhouse in Rajasthan, you need to follow these steps:
⦁ Register on the Rajasthan Single Sign-On (SSO) portal – Visit the official Rajasthan SSO website (sso.rajasthan.gov.in) and register by creating a username and password.
⦁ Apply for the subsidy – After registering, log in to the Rajasthan SSO portal and navigate to the “Department of Agriculture” section. Under this section, you will find the option to apply for the “Polyhouse Scheme.” Further more, Click on the option and fill in the application form with all the necessary details.
⦁ Upload documents – You must upload certain documents such as your Aadhaar Card, Land documents, Bank account details, and other relevant documents as required in the application form.
⦁ Verification and approval – After applying, it will be verified by the concerned department. Once the application is approved, you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number and email address.
⦁ Install Polyhouse – After receiving the approval, you can proceed with installing the polyhouse. The subsidy amount will be credited to your bank account after the installation.
⦁ Post-installation verification – After the installation is completed, the concerned department will conduct a post-installation verification to ensure that the polyhouse has been installed as per the approved plan.
⦁ Claim subsidy – After completing the verification, you can claim the subsidy by submitting the required documents and forms to the concerned department.
Note: The exact procedure and documents required for the subsidy may vary occasionally depending on the scheme. It is always advisable to check the official website of the concerned department for the latest information and update.
Eligibility criteria for availing the subsidy for a polyhouse:
You must meet specific criteria to be eligible for a subsidy for a polyhouse in Rajasthan. You must have a minimum of 1 acre of land and a valid farmer registration number. In the past, you must not have availed of the subsidy for a greenhouse or polyhouse, and you must be willing to invest a minimum of 10% of the cost of setting up the polyhouse.
Here are the eligibility criteria for availing the subsidy for a polyhouse in Rajasthan:
- Land ownership: The applicant must have at least one acre of land in their name or on a long-term lease.
- Farmer registration number: The applicant must possess a valid farmer registration number.
- Investment: The applicant must be willing to invest a minimum of 10% of the total cost of setting up the polyhouse.
- Previous subsidy: The applicant must not have previously availed of the subsidy for a greenhouse or polyhouse.
- Bank account: The applicant must have a bank account in their name.
- Project cost: The total cost of the polyhouse project should not exceed Rs. 1 crore.
- Agricultural activities: The polyhouse use to be only solely for agricultural activities.
In addition, Meeting these eligibility criteria is essential to be consider for the subsidy for a polyhouse in Rajasthan.
Release of Subsidy
The subsidy for polyhouse cultivation in Rajasthan is released in installments. The first installment, which is 40% of the total subsidy amount, is released at the time of construction of the polyhouse. Further more, The remaining 60% of the subsidy amount is released after the successful completion of the project and submission of the relevant documents.
Polyhouse farming is becoming increasingly popular in Rajasthan, allowing farmers to grow various crops throughout the year, regardless of weather conditions. However, setting up a polyhouse can be expensive, so subsidies are available to provide financial assistance to farmers. Additionaly, Here are some points to consider if you consider taking advantage of subsidies for polyhouses in Rajasthan.
Once these criteria are met, farmers can apply for the subsidy by filling out an application form available at the District Agriculture Office or online. The application form must be submitted with the necessary documents such as land ownership papers, farmer registration numbers, and bank account details.
Preparation of Detailed Project Report
Once you have checked the eligibility criteria, the next step is to prepare a detailed project report (DPR). The DPR should include the following information:
- The size of the polyhouse.
- The type of crop to be grown.
- The expected yield.
- The estimated cost of the project.
- The expected profit from the project.
- The expected timeline for the project.
- Any other relevant details.
The DPR should be prepare comprehensively and professionally. You can seek the help of experts in preparing the DPR if required.
Advantages of Polyhouse Cultivation in Rajasthan
- Polyhouse cultivation has several advantages over traditional open-field cultivation in Rajasthan. Some of the key advantages are:
- Consistent Yield: Polyhouse cultivation enables farmers to grow crops throughout the year, regardless of the season. Further more, This helps in achieving consistent yield and better price realization in the market.
- Water Efficiency: Polyhouse cultivation is more water-efficient than traditional open-field cultivation. It uses drip irrigation and other techniques to minimize water wastage, making it suitable for regions with limited water resources.
- Better Quality of Crops: Polyhouse cultivation provides a controlled environment that helps.
Apart from the subsidy, the government also provides technical assistance to farmers to help them set up and maintain their polyhouses. In addition, The Department of Agriculture conducts training programs and provides expert advice on crop selection, irrigation, fertilization, and pest management.
The Government of Rajasthan has set up a dedicated helpdesk to assist farmers with their queries related to polyhouse cultivation and the subsidy scheme. Farmers can contact the following numbers to seek assistance:
Toll-free number: 1800-180-6201
Department of Agriculture Helpline: 1800-180-1551
Department of Horticulture Helpline: 0141-2227726, 2227727, 2227728
Additionally, farmers can also visit the nearest agriculture or horticulture office in their district to seek assistance and guidance regarding the subsidy scheme for polyhouse cultivation. The officers at these offices will provide the necessary information and help farmers with the application process.