Tag: Trellising Supporting Twine
Trellising supporting twine, also known as plant supporting thread, is essential for any gardening project. Not only does it make it easy to support plants or grow vegetables indoors or outdoors, but using trellising supporting twine makes everything look professional and appealing.
If you’re not familiar with trellising, then here are some tips that will help you to start.
Use of Trellising Supporting Twine
- Cucumbers are an excellent candidate for trellising.
- They are very vigorous, producing lots of fruits that are borne on delicate vines that are prone to drooping without some sort of support.
- Trellising can also help with pests by confining them and their damage to a small area.
- If you decide that you want to use trellising with your cucumber plants
- There is one type of support that will work better than any other: plant supporting thread.
Trellising twine is a form of polypropylene, which is very flexible and lightweight. It comes in rolls of 10 meters, with each roll weighing about 1 kilogram.
The best part is that it’s easy to install, making it ideal for plant supports like beans or peas. Unlike cotton twine, plant supporting thread doesn’t need a lot of tension to work properly.
Trellising supporting twine is a great way to add structure and support for your plants. In some cases, it can actually add more vertical growth than traditional trellising options.
It’s simple to set up and maintain, making it an attractive option for gardeners of all skill levels. Here’s what you need to know about using supporting twine in your garden!