Tag: Coco Peat Block
Coco peat block is essentially dried coconut. It has similar properties to other types of peat, but because it’s made from vegetable matter (like coconuts) rather than animal matter (like sphagnum moss or reed grass).
It’s less likely to carry harmful microorganisms or toxins that could harm your garden.
So, if your soil lacks nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK), adding some coco peat can help to bring up those levels.
Advantages of Using Coco Peat Block
- It doesn’t have any insecticide or fungicide properties, so keep that in mind when planting anything.
- If you’re concerned about introducing bad bugs into your garden. Talk with your local nursery before making your purchase.
- The particles are so small that they mix easily. Existing soils or potting mixes to improve drainage, aeration, and moisture retention.
- They also improve access to plant roots. So they don’t have to work as hard to find nutrients.
- Not all soils are ideal—some may be too acidic or not acidic enough. But by improving drainage in one area of your yard.
- You can reduce runoff into another area without spending hours trying to fix it.
- One advantage is that the coco peat block maintains its structure. Which means it will not dissolve or break down like other forms of compost.
A different form of organic material, such as peat moss or bark. Might be watery and disintegrate when exposed to moisture.
However, one distinct advantage of coco peat block. Over other types of organic matter is that it requires less water. As compared to other soil-based growing mediums.
What Are Some Uses For Coco Bricks?
Coco bricks are commonly used as a soil amendment and for their water retention properties. Coco peat is a fibrous material that can help to keep your plants hydrated and healthy. Which ultimately helps them grow faster.
The more fertilizer that you use on your plants. However, can result in runoff into nearby bodies of water. It’s important to use eco-friendly fertilizers on your plants. To ensure they don’t pollute nearby lakes or rivers.